$100 Real Food Challenge
September 24, 2014
Kilospire has teamed up with Eat Yourself Well for the REAL FOOD CHALLENGE:
$100. 4 PEOPLE. 7 DAYS.
- 1/2 of 14 oz. Mae Poly yellow curry paste
- 3 13.5 ounce cans coconut milk
- 2 lbs. boneless chicken breasts
- 5 medium sized potatoes, chopped
- 1 lb. carrots (or baby carrots), chopped
- 1 medium sized onion, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 8 tsp. sugar
- 5 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 lbs. white or brown rice, steamed.
- Thaw chicken if frozen and trim off excess fat, tendon and bone then cut into 12-14 squarish pieces
- Heat large skillet + tbsp coconut oil (or other healthy nonstick method) and cook chicken completely. (do not boil) and put chicken into strainer when done
- Scrub potatoes and chop them into smallish cubes
- chop carrots (or use baby carrots)
- slice the onion
- cut the green pepper into long strips
- Use large stock pot and heat 4 Tbps coconut oil on medium, when warm add your 7oz of Mae Poly yellow curry and cook it for about five minutes. (keep left over curry in ziplock bag in the fridge for next time) Do not burn the paste!
- Add 1 can of coconut milk + stir it into paste thoroughly until warm.
- Add more coconut milk, onions, green peppers, carrots and chicken. Stir well.
- Boil potatoes in a 2nd pot for 5 minutes only, strain them and add to main stock pot. Add more coconut milk if the mixture is "too thick" for your tastes
- Cook on low for 10-15 minutes then add 8 tsp of sugar. (sugar is optional)
- Steam your rice on the side.
Put a bed of rice on your plate, spoon our your curry on top of the rice for a hot batch of goodness!
This is good for about ~16 servings of Thai Curry.
If you are on a low carb diet, skip the rice.
Vegan Option: Don't include the chicken!