Grilled Fish in Foil Packets
March 20, 2014
Want a fast and super easy way to cook fish? Try this recipe for grilled fish in foil packets.
- 4 porgy fillets, about 5 oz each (or substitute snapper, cod, trout or sea bass)
- 4 tsp olive oil
- salt and fresh pepper, to taste
- 4 sprigs fresh herbs (parsley, rosemary, oregano)
- 1 lemon, sliced thin
- 4 large pieces heavy duty aluminum foil, about 18 to 20 inches long
- Place the fish in the center of the foil, season with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Place a slice of lemon on top of each piece of fish, then a sprig of herbs on each. Fold up the edges so that it's completely sealed and no steam will escape, creating a loose tent.
- Heat half of the grill (on one side) on high heat with the cover closed. When the grill is hot, place the foil packets on the side of the grill with the burners off (indirect heat) and close the grill. Depending on the thickness of your fish, cook 10 to 15 minutes, or until the fish is opaque and cooked through. My porgy fillets took about 12 minutes.
Credit - SkinnyTaste