Stacy’s Back with Roasted Beets and Brussels Sprouts
March 28, 2014
Go Pro Stacy McKinney is back and this time she is showing us some of her favorite side dishes – roasted beets and brussels sprouts. No need to be intimidated by beets, Stacy shows us how easy it is to roast them!
- 3 medium beets, scrubbed, leaves trimmed
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Coat beets lightly with oil
- Wrap beets in aluminum foil, place on a baking sheet, and roast in the oven until cooked through, approximately 45 to 60 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, let cool for 10 minutes, and then peel and slice into 1/4-inch thick slices.
- 1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts, ends trimmed and yellow leaves removed
- 1 onion
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
- Place trimmed Brussels sprouts, asparagus and chopped onion on a baking sheet or pyrex dish.
- Drizzle with olive oil and add kosher salt and pepper.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 30 to 45 minutes, shaking pan every 5 to 7 minutes for even browning.
- Reduce heat when necessary to prevent burning. Brussels sprouts should be darkest brown, almost black, when done.