Stacy’s Slow Cooker Italian Style Meatballs
March 26, 2014
In this video, So Pro Stacy McKinney shows us how easy it is to make delicious meatballs in the crockpot.
Slow Cooker Italian Style Meatballs
- 1 1/2 lbs lean, ground turkey
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh, grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large mixing bowl, knead the turkey together with the spices.
- Roll meat into 22, walnut sized meatballs, and place in a single layer in your slow cooker.
- Pour the tomato sauce over the top, being sure to cover the meatballs well and evenly.
- Sprinkle the cheese across the top and set the slow cooker to low heat for 4 hours.
- Note: These are a fairly dense meatball. You can add finely chopped mushrooms to the mixture to soften them up a bit. About 1/2 to 1 cup should be fine, and you’ll get more meatballs out of it to boot.
Credit - The Gracious Pantry